Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Packed Lunch

To take homemade lunch to work or t order anything from anywhere? that is the question...



if you work the normal 9 to 5 (or in my case the 8:30 to 4:30 & beyond) then your choices for lunch are: the sandwich/salad from the trolley or the sandwich/salad from the place downstairs or the tasteless whatever from wherever...by time, you'd get fed up and really bored from the same orders. Lunch then becomes the 15 minutes when you have something to chew.

How to resolve this? either order from somewhere fancier; and allocate extra waiting time for it to arrive, extra eating time and of course extra cash. OR, take your lunch with you.
On some good days, I take the time to make something at home that I can pack and take me to work. To do so, lunch has to be something easily packed, cold/or easily heated in the microwave, doesn't have a strong smell, easy to eat, light (you don't really want to nap aftewrds), doesn't take time to cook & more...
I've bought few books (lunch to work, packed lunches, easy salad, etc..), I tend to make them sometimes and I find them saving alot of "what should we have for lunch today" time + you know you are eating good food cooked at home, properly washed and carefully made.

For tomorrow's lunch, I'll be having a variation of Greek Salad (going light for lunch as I might do someting for dinner). With lettuce, rocket leaves, cucumbers, tomatoes, pitted/sliced olives and crumbled fetta cheese, all you need is a tupperware that fits (I went easy on onions)

And for the dressing, Olive Oil, Lemon juice, salt, pepper, suger & sumac

I will shake this right befor lunch time & pour over the salad.
So not only easy & fast, but figure friendly as well!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment