Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Apples & Bananas Cake

I've been eyeing up those apples for a while now. 4 apples sitting nicely in a matching green plate on the coffee table waiting for someone to eat them & for the past 3 days I pass by them & think...cake/jam/something? today I thought it was time!

A quick google search for Apple Cake Recipe lead me to see "Apples & Banana's cake", I look over to the kitchen to see if there were bananas in the fruit bowl...2? yes!!!

Now I can make this recipe (which I hear about for the first time but thought was delicious by name only)

First ingredients...
Ingredients weren't things I had to go out & buy, self raising flour, caster suger, eggs & butter...

tried to squeeze them all in on picture!
What I liked about this recipe is that it was very simple & basic into making the cake batter. That same thing lead the star ingredients (Apples & Bananas) to shine...from that 1/2 lemon I used the zest & juice. (also 2 tablespoons of olive oil :-s didn't know why but couldn't risk going through without it)

Step 1 was mixing the butter & suger until nice & fluffy (Although I sometime prefer timeframes for the mixing step)
nice & fluffy
Step 2: add eggs one at a time + vanilla essence + lemon zest + lemon juice


Step 3: add the peeled & chopped apples and fold, then add the sliced ripe banana and fold again


Step 4: pour into baking dish & put thinly sliced peeled apple on top & bake. This batter was enough to make 24 cupcakes and a 9 inches baking pan.



9 inches pan baked for 25 minutes on 160

cupcakes baked for 12-15 minutes

As with all cakes, cool in the pane & on a tray (in my case there wasn't time to decorate!)

yummmm
and just to show you the inside

all the apple & banana pieces melt
Could not have asked for a more perfect apple/banana cake combination! thank you Google!!

if you'd like to know the exact amounts of ingredients, I'll be happy to send you :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment