Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Sawah

Sawah is one of many famous songs by Abdulhalim Hafedh. It is for some reason units the Arabs as all nations know it by heart, for it comes from the golden age of Arabic Music.

However, my Sawah experience is not about a song or music or Egypt. It's about a Coffee Shop in Kuwait. Located in the Avenues Mall, Sawah's menu offers a variety of Arabic Mezza (mainly from the Levant), where we all expected to be somehow Egyptian considerting the name and decor.

Store Manager didn't allow us to take pictures of Omar Alsherif, I found this online
The big wall had a drawing of Omar Alsherif, Faten Hamama, Abdulhaleem Hafedh, Shadiya, Samia Jamal & Farid Al Atrash. Movie Stars from the 1950's. The decor was Arabisque and looked very inviting.

We went after a heavy lunch to have tea/coffee. The menu's cover had lyrics of an old song of Asmahan.


And of course I asked for the Turkish Coffee =D


What a Turkish Coffee should look like
Best coffee I had in 2011 (before that was in Egypt Nov 2010). A friend of mine found a cake in the display, it was an Aero cake! If anyone knows where to get it from or who makes them please let me know.


Considering the lunch we ate, we eac had a piece!
And guess what I found inside my cup?


thoughts?
Overall, I really liked it and its theme. The only thing couldn't understand was Fairooz's songs playing (Fairooz for those who don't who know her is an icon for the Lebanese) 

No comments:

Post a Comment